The VDC/BIM Coordinator is expected to use Autodesk software, Navisworks and Revit to produce mechanical system drawings, models and designs. Knowledge of mechanical systems is a plus but not necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proficiently conforms to MWM quality, installation, and safety guidelines.
- Read, understand, and follow blueprints or red-line drawings.
- Perform and follow directions given.
- Autodesk software, Revit and Navisworks abilities.
- The ability to interpret mechanical & plumbing drawings.
- Produce and create plan, elevation, profile and/or development drawings.
- Perform work assignments in accordance with project scope of work and applicable drafting standards.
- Draft Mechanical and Plumbing systems.
- Being able to identify issues and concerns and to overcome challenges.
- Learn the process of utilizing a Trimble Total Station.
- Provide layout points for Trimble Total Station.
- Work with Designers and Engineers to complete construction and/or BIM drawings at all levels.
- Attend BIM project coordination meetings as needed and adjust clashes as required.
- Produce, print, collate, and review final construction drawing sets for field staff.
- Produce installation drawings for field use.
- Produce spool drawings for prefabrication.
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines.
- Communicate and coordinate with project managers, foreman and design team.
- Learn and utilize Trimble scan tools to scan existing project sites and produce scan drawings.
- Keep and maintain organized files and file structure.
- Complete as-built documents as required.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team oriented.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to drive to job sites and locations as needed in multiple states.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Navisworks, Revit, and Microsoft Office.
- General construction knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintain and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite (e.g. uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting) and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Ability to work assigned schedule as required per project demands.
- Sit for long periods of time at a computer station.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- BIM Coordination experience is preferred
- Associates degree or better is preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years utilizing Autodesk software, CAD, Revit or similar software experience required.
- Experience in VDC is preferred.